Monday, April 11, 2011

Oh, THAT's what you mean!

So I had two rides this weekend. Saturday's was not particularly great. I'm not sure what my problem was -- I'm developing a sinus infection, so that could have been it, or maybe I was just holding my mouth wrong -- but I wasn't really clicking with Rev or what MT was saying. So MT hopped back on Rev after I rode to finish her out and leave her with some instructions she understood and could follow successfully, rather than confusion and resistance.

Sunday, though, went way better. We didn't do anything but walk, but at the same time, I had several light bulb moments. I finally realize how much I need to have in my hands to achieve contact, and I started to be able to respond to her changes appropriately and more quickly. Suddenly I understand better what "correct" feels like, what contact feels like. I am really, really looking forward to this week's rides.

And I need to get back on my disciplined gym schedule, do penance for the week of vacation eating mode. :/ I really need to increase my core and quad strength, get back on the weight loss track. I have motivation, so yay! Going to be a good week. :)

Meanwhile, back to work ...

No comments:

Post a Comment