Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Winner!

Oh my goodness. We have a WINNER of a bit! The double-jointed, medium weight, loose ring snaffle is the right thing. (It's mostly like this.) It was obvious almost immediately when I mounted up last night -- Rev's neck and jaw were softer, I had more in my hands, and it was easier to get her and keep her round.

Don't mistake me here -- this is not to say that it was easy to get her round. Or that she stayed that way all ride. Just that it was easiER. Much, much easier.

She didn't have the muscle bulges behind her ears that spell resistance as much, and she didn't root around against the contact. She wasn't even in the contact, but then again, my hands weren't perfect. Better, but not perfect.

Still. YAY!! Winner winner chicken dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment