Friday, October 7, 2011

Imaginary progress, like imaginary friends?

Well, if I imagined it yesterday, I imagined it again, even better, today. Definite stretch into the bit, definite push from behind. On one spiralling-down circle, I thought to myself "this! remember how this looks and feels! this is a good vision to shoot for!"

My mare is so awesome. She's the best little bay mare ever. (Izzy, of course, is the best big bay mare ever. And Penny is the best little chestnut mare ever. Obviously.)

Maybe we're both learning something?

Anyway, it was a great evening. Good ride, chatted a bit with friends, the Red Wings won their season opener, and the Boise State Broncos beat the pants off Fresno State. And I had a delicious dinner ready to go when I walked in the door, and The Walking Dead on DVD. I'm not entirely sure how this gets any better. :)

(Incidentally, did any of you have imaginary friends as a kid? I had three: Baseball Man, Football Kid, and Jack. The funniest thing about this is not how they were when they existed, but how I explained it to my mother when I didn't have them any more. See, Baseball Man stayed in the house in Pennsylvania when we moved away, and Football Kid and Jack got married and moved out for their own life together. My mother said, she reports, "Oh! I didn't realize that Football Kid was a girl." My answer? "He's not! ...Jack is!" Jack, for the record, was always male; they all were. ;) Completely egalitarian kid, I was, before I had any idea what gay meant.)

2 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, my imaginary friends were a miniature white donkey named Strawberry (seriously!) and a black and white pony mare named Dutchess, who may or may not have been the imaginary version of an identical real pony named Princess, whom I rode often and loved in real life. Is it weird that my imaginary friends were animals? Maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, that's not weird at all. ;)

    ReplyDelete