Friday, November 4, 2011

Not much to tell

There hasn't been much going on this week, horse-wise. I haven't been feeling 100%, plus I've had things going on at home, so I haven't been out to ride.

Which, of course, makes me feel terribly guilty! Even though most of the barn is at Galway competing and the barn would be quiet and deserted, I feel guilty. My poor little mare! She must miss me! Gah! Get out the cat o'nine -- or at the very least the wet noodle. Plus, it's snowing today. Not a lot, and it switches from snow to rain and back, but still. I know she's a horse, and a tough horse at that; no hothouse flower she! Still and all, I have this burning need to go check on her, make sure she's warm and dry.

BUT.

I have progressed beyond just not feeling 100% and am now full-blown sick. I think it's just a cold. It better be just a cold, because I got a flu shot a month ago! Anyway, I'm sniffly, sneezy, coughy, headachey, and am now doing the chills thing. So no going outside for me. I already went for medicine, kleenex, soup, and other essentials, and I am not leaving this house again today unless I have to.

BUT! I miss my mare. She must miss me! Fret! Fret!! (I know. Logic does not apply here. You're right.)

I'll make up for my lack of posting soon, and I'll do with with lots of pictures.

1 comment: