Monday, May 7, 2012

Second verse, same as the first

This weekend was not at all what I had in mind either.

Friday I'd planned to go tag along on some trot sets with Katie and figure out what I needed to do to get Rev sorted out on the track.  Unfortunately, the weather was in no way, shape, or form cooperating!  Rained out, blah.  And trot sets inside the arena, especially with more than one person, would have been challenging.   So I decided I'd go ahead and go out to ride after work, at the normal time.

Our computer overlords had other plans.  The machine I'm testing with went belly up AGAIN.  On Friday.  At 4.  Stupid thing.  So I stuck around and fixed and fixed and fixed, and then it was time to go see the Avengers!!   (Wonderful movie.  Since this is a horse blog I won't go into detail, but it's wonderful.  Worth every second.  Best Hulk/Bruce Banner I've seen in a very long time, and the writing was so spot on, so snappy ... brilliant.  Joss Whedon IS our master.)  So no ride.

No worries, I thought -- we have lessons on Saturday and Sunday, so I'll get those rides in!

Except that my alarm clock had died earlier in the week.  And my phone alarm apparently doesn't do enough to wake me up.   On the trip to Twin Rivers, KR had been amazed that I can sleep through my phone alarm -- it's loud and annoying.  And yet ... I can sleep through it.   And I did.  Both Saturday AND Sunday.

FAIL.  Failypants McFailerson.

I managed to get to the other stuff I had on for the weekend, but the mornings of both days were utterly lost to the sands of Morpheus.  And the other stuff took up the afternoon and evening time.

So yeah.  NOT what I had in mind.  But back in the saddle today, for sure.  Rescheduled trot sets, I think, are the order of the day.  We'll see.  I also need to see if I can set up some make-up lessons, especially because I'll be gone this coming weekend too.

1 comment:

  1. Rain sucks. It's not quite dry enough to go galloping up mountains yet today. Boo.

    ReplyDelete