Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday

On Tuesday, my family will grow by one!

I hope the photo posts correctly; I will have more soon. The Sprinkler Bandit has them on her camera, as befits her official pony photographer status. :)

Anyway, I jumped Apollo in a lesson on Saturday, and he was super. Willing, calm, relaxed ... He was rusty, as expected, but his jump is very comfortable for me as a rider, and he didn't blink at anything. We didn't do anything much, just cross-rails, but still. Fun fun! MT's comment was that he likes Apollo's attitude and that I got along better with him than I ever did with Rev. I think this is a win. :)

We also free jumped him on Friday, and he was good and chill then too. He jumped to maybe 2'9, and he certainly jumps better over the bigger stuff. Good boy. :D

He's funny and friendly and interested in life. And he's a hose drinker - I find that incredibly amusing and endearing. He's also terribly inappropriate when relaxed. Sheesh - geldings! :)

I am so very happy with this guy. I am having a hard time holding off on the makeover and scheduling my farrier and getting his dental done. I don't want to do any of these things until I own him legally, just in case.

And he needs a fly sheet of his very own. And a new brown Five Star bridle for jumping. :) The rest of my tack fits him perfectly ...well, except the black Five Star bridle. I will likely need to see if I can get cob size cheekpieces and maybe a cob size flash nose band for him. (for the record, TSB did tell me so.) Anyway, it's a sign. :)

Everyone, this is Apollo. Apollo, this is everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Yay! you two look good together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I just want you to enjoy owning a horse again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he looks lovely!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both look fantastic! Good luck to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is cute!!! :) Pre-Congrats!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww yay! He is super adorable and you two make a nice pair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the photo snafu! You should have them all now.

    Also we need to set up a time to do a jumping photoshoot. :D

    ReplyDelete