Thursday, February 21, 2013

When in doubt, look at the facts.

Hm.  An assortment of facts for this entry:

  • I want to ride tonight.
  • I didn't ride last night.
  • Or the night before.
  • I got to work late today.
  • If I stay in the office until it's officially quitting time, it'll be too late to ride.
  • I don't know if I have enough warm clothes in my riding bag - I planned it for yesterday, when I wore a warm thermal under my vest for work.
  • I would usually just ride in whatever I wore to work, but today I am wearing a white sweatshirt that I don't want ruined.
  • I need to ride, not just want: two days off is enough for both me and Apollo.
  • If I go home between work and barn, it's 15-20 minutes out of my way if I just grab an extra shirt, 30 if I change and get the dogs.
  • Things go better if I just go straight from work to the barn.
  • The corgis would benefit from some running around time.

Okay, given that assortment of facts, I think I've made my evening's plan: leave here at 5, go by home, change and get dogs, then go to the barn.   Getting to the barn at 6:30 won't kill me.  It may even make me stronger.  ;)

Plus, after yesterday, I really do need to ride.  I had gotten maybe 4 hours of sleep the night before, work was irritating, and I was generally so out of sorts that I was liable to pick a fight, or at the very least frustrate my poor horse and end up with a bad ride.  A book, a few tacos, and some horizontal time took care of that, and now I'm itching to ride again.  I bet Apollo would like to be bothered too, seeing as horse-bothering tends to come with plenty of carrots.

I really need to take more pictures, make this blog more interesting!   I'm just not the photo sort ... 

1 comment: