Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Happy Anniversary, Apollo

Handsome fellow!

Happy one-year anniversary, Apollo!  I think the actual anniversary of the best decision I've made in a very long time is sometime between a week ago and today, during the time I had him on trial: I realized that I absolutely loved this horse and had every intention of buying him and never sending him back to his seller.  :)

This horse is helping me learn to be a much better rider, a braver rider, and in general a happier person.  He loves being taken care of, is happy to be a partner and a part of a team, and does his job even when I make it hard for him.  He's generous and kind, and I'm unspeakably grateful to him for everything he gives me.  I hope I give enough back to him.

We've come a long way over this year, too.   We've gone from this:


First canter - both a bit tense

to this:



Hurry-scurry exercise from Sunday's lesson;
both much more relaxed

And from this:



First walk







More of the hurry-scurry exercise.
My position's looking better.


 To this:
When I first got him


A few weeks ago - still a wild animal, obv.  ;)

Here's to many more years together, best little bay Thoroughbred ever!

8 comments:

  1. :) I'm glad you two found each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that first shot is beautiful, glad you found him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe it's been a year. :) Congrats! I love you two together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys look great together! Congrats on one year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. =) Congrats and hope to follow many more years to come of your adventure together

    ReplyDelete